Wednesday 1 January 2014

The Shadow




A road unwinds
Through the rugged town
The silent kinds;
Engines revving – the silence broken;
Burning tires, a taste of fame
The dusty engine  smells the same.

Wheels roll and the race begins.
A race to the finish;
A tight curve and a slippery slope
Ups and downs with a sip of dope
Metals scratch, bumpers thrash
The paint and vinyl now thinnish.
The smell of gasoline and nitro meth,
A step on gas and a scent of death;
Nonetheless,

A broken engine, a busted tire,
Tells no tale of a gem of fire;
A carved wound, a scarred face,
Tells not his story,
Nor his strife.

Look for me not in the gilded case,
For I am not there.
Look for me not in the muddy grave,
For I am not there.
Look for me not in the heavens
And mourn;


For I am right here smiling,
Behind the wheels, revving the engine.
You don’t see me;
Am right here, steering     

Burning tires, a taste of fame
The dusty engine though smells the same.


                     

                     In memory of Paul Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment